With year’s end, our thoughts turn to how grateful we are to be living and working in a unique part of Boston. You have chosen to make the South End - with its historic beauty, fine restaurants, shops and cultural venues - your home. It’s your neighborhood. And, now that it’s become a destination, it’s even more important than ever to look after it and maintain its character. As you think about where you will direct your annual giving, we hope you will consider a contribution to the Ellis South End Neighborhood Association.
The Ellis South End Neighborhood Association activities and outreach include:
- Beautification and Preservation (holiday wreaths, annual spring and fall cleanups, Berkeley Street initiative which will include tree fences, new lighting and Welcome to Ellis signage!)
- Social Activities (wine, book and young professional groups, yard sale, progressive and patio dinners, holiday party)
- Community Partnerships (McKinley School, St. Stephen’s Youth Programs, Casa Myrna Vasquez)
- Philanthropy (South End Baseball, Boston Explorers, Haley House, Community Music School of Boston, Boston Center for the Arts, Boston Pride, Villa Victoria’s Festival Betances, Castle Square National Night Out, United South End Settlements, Chandler Street Halloween Party, Hayes and Childe Hassam parks, and a newly-inaugurated Scholarship Committee)
- Community Communication and Outreach (South End Forum, community involvement opportunities, communication to the membership regarding city matters and neighborhood concerns, monitoring of zoning and licensing issues, opportunities to meet and interact with city officials and public service providers, membership newsletter, coverage by local papers)
Maintaining a vibrant neighborhood is up to us now. As you consider your year-end charitable contributions, we hope you will make a 100% tax-deductible donation to keep Ellis going and growing. I assure you it will have a direct positive impact on your neighborhood.
With warmest thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY!