The Ellis South End Neighborhood Association is a volunteer organization that has had a strong neighborhood impact for the last five decades. Join us today to help keep this vital association going with your 100% tax-deductible donation and please check with your employer to see if they will match your donation. Support us now below or send your support to us at PO BOX 170731, Boston, MA 02117. Additionally, we would love to hear from you with thoughts or suggestions about the neighborhood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Ellis South End Neighborhood Association (ESENA). All of us on the Board are excited to update you on our accomplishments for the past year and to share with you what important projects and issues that your support this year will help us address. A few of those activities are:
- Neighborhood Beautification
Our Neighborhood Services committee has continued its tree pit clean up and fence installations. With generous neighborhood and business sponsors, we are now protecting 82 trees with iron tree fences. Your support this year will enable further installations along Clarendon, Dartmouth and other side streets. Added to the agenda is a mapping of all tree pits and the status/type of tree in each pit. This information is vital in our discussions with the City for tree replacements and ongoing maintenance. ESENA displays on each tree pit those whose financial support made cleanup/placement possible.
- The Ellis purchased and placed 375 Holiday Wreaths throughout our footprint. We continue to monitor and provide feedback to the City on trash pickup and sidewalk maintenance. In 2020, a major focus for the committee will be pedestrian safety. The redesign of the Allan Crite Park at the corner of West Canton Street and Columbus Avenue has made excellent progress. ESENA donations will help support this important restoration and long-term support of the park.
- Neighborhood Oversight:
- As our community continues to change, the Development, Licensing and Zoning committee provides a vital voice to the City’s zoning/licensing board. On the horizon for 2020 will be the completed sale of the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology campus and the start of that space’s redevelopment. Along with the Back Bay/South End Gateway project (now known as 171 Dartmouth Street)), the coming discussions regarding the Red Lantern restaurant space on Stanhope Street and ongoing residential projects, the committee will be busy. Your support allows us to engage the neighborhood in open forums and informational updates as these zoning issues are addressed.
- Neighborhood Philanthropy:
- Your donations help us support South End Baseball, Boston Explorers, Haley House, Community Music Center of Boston, the McKinley School, Boston Center for the Arts, Boston Pride, Villa Victoria’s Festival Betances, Castle Square National Night Out, United South End Settlements, Ellis Memorial, and the Allan Crite, Hayes and Childe Hassam parks.
- Neighborhood Support and Engagement:
- Our Community Outreach group provides not just financial support but also volunteer hours to the students and teachers at the McKinley School which provides special education services to Boston area children. ESENA helped coordinate and sponsor the At-Large Boston City Council candidate forum and during this election year, ESENA will sponsor other candidate forums as well. Additionally, ESENA has partnered with the Ellis Memorial to provide volunteer support for their programs. Your contributions will allow us to continue and improve our ability to inform and engage the neighborhood.
With warmest thanks and best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season.
Ellen Sheets - President ESENA
PLEASE DONATE TODAY!